December 20, 2006

i'm not totally sure myself...

Why?
I'm sure that there will be many people who will ask, "Why are you starting a blog?" The answer is, "I'm not totally sure myself." In many ways blogs are nothing more than a venue for the 'inane babble' [identify the quotation] of relatively insignificant people. That having been said, I reserve the right to end this thing at any time if it (1) becomes too distracting for me, (2) fails to live up to the title (more on that later), or (3) just needs to be ended for whatever reason. I do hope this blog will serve to edify God's children and point them to Him. If it doesn't, then there is no use in having it.

Title
Perhaps a few of you are wondering the significance of the title. I chose the title from one of my favorite passages of scripture, Philippians 1:27. Paul is instructing the philippian believers to live their lives in a way that is in keeping with the gospel. He tells them that a life worthy of the gospel is one lived in unity with other believers, "...standing firm in one spirit, with one mind..." This means we do everything in our power to maintain the proper spirit among our fellow believers. If it is one thing I have observed in the blogosphere (I have been a lurker for several years), it is that the spirit that exists even among fellow evangelical Christians is not always congenial. Paul goes on to say that this unity is directed towards the "faith of the gospel." It is imperative that the things we do (including blogging) should support and point others to the faith of the gospel.

Miscellany
As you already may have noticed, I have a penchant for obscure quotations. I will identify these in my posts with "[ITQ]" It is a little game I play with my wife and brothers, but I will quit playing if it overshadows the actual reason why I posted. I don't know how frequent or in depth my posting will be so this blog will be a developing organism. We'll see how far she goes.

One more thing...
I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to my BIG little brother the jiggiest. Happy Birthday big fella (just pretend your name is "cubby").

5 comments:

minor pentatonic said...

welcome to the blogosphere, vc. i look forward to reading the posts here.

ITQ:

gandalf speaking to frodo about gollum getting "interrogated" by the big nasties in mordor. ". . . they discerned two words. 'SHIRE . . . BAGGINS!'"

what do i get for winning?

sftballchick2 said...

welcome PC! i dont know any of the quotes, sorry. i just wanted to let you know i hit up your new blog. i cant wait to read your future posts.

Christopher M. White said...

--iambic pentameter,

good work, although i didn't think it would be too difficult for you.

hows about a warm fuzzy feeling?

minor pentatonic said...

sounds good. i'll take it.

sftballchick2 said...

that chichilla was warm and fuzzy :)

Blog Archive